Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Love, Same Crazy

I went to bed relatively early after a large party in a hot city. No A.A. today was the theme recurrent for the demographic. This morning required coffee. So much to my enjoyment, I was told a story while drinking coffee.

Where I left the evening was after a down to the wire beer purchase to re-amp party mode. An acquaintance and her two week trial boyfriend, bonding over gangsta rap and a mutual love of acrimonious conversation, recounted a moment I am sure will be the greatest how mommy and daddy met story since The Marshall Mathers LP. A couple who both like a jealous streak in a partner, switchblades and provoking the bros.

She was making fun, he was her audience. The clowns were not amused and became hostile, provoking a lame car chase. Boyfriend got punched, girlfriend defended her man, slapped the shotgun rider of the clown car. Boyfriend pulled out switchblade which had been a mere prop and comedic device earlier in the evening. The way this story was told, with such murderous affection, was so entertaining for a Sunday morning.

All this over Alkaline Trio and nascent love. Sometimes, things have a way of working out. I hope it does for them, and I fear for that city with endless vigilantes and no heroes.

So some epic music to emphasize:The new Muse single - United States of Eurasia.
"http://mog.com/blog_posts/1400047/mogbar"
May have to do it manually, html isnt working for me right now.

1 comment:

Yainks said...

hey i like muse, and isnt this a scene out of 'adventures in babysitting?'