Friday, October 23, 2009

Work

So I was thinking of a comedy bit that involved over-sexualizing commercials for fast food. Because sex sells, but hardcore sex makes people NOT want to buy hot dogs and colas. I mean Hardee's using Paris Hilton to sell huge sloppy burgers.

Last night this older lady who looked like Meryl Streep name dropped her neighborhood in Austin. Older hipster score! She was hilarious.

I feel like I have tripped into a wormhole and am back at an earlier part of my life. This has made me feel somewhat optimistic and more introspective than usual. There is nothing quite like feeling alone in the world walking home in the gloaming with the stars and cool air beside you. That and killing soldiers behind the dumpster with a co-worker who is on probation and something about a DUI. I hope I'm not enabling.

Every time I feel like giving work the middle finger, someone interesting comes in and makes me feel like if I look at this like performance art, it will be fine.

Presidential glamor went on indefinite hiatus when they put Kennedy in the ground.
Putting a nice touch on a shit stain is like putting a party hat on a cadaver.

No comments: