Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It'll get easier, or you won't care as much.


I'm in my finest sleep wear, eating peanut butter cups early in the morning in an increasingly cold house. I didnt sleep much, or well for that matter. I am going home today. I am excited about this. I enjoy long car rides.

Last night a few irregular and interesting things happened. I am always happy to hear that the people who seem to have it all together are scared shitless, as they should be. As most people are. He said he didn't want to be an adult, no house, no car, no paperwork. It was the most endearing thing he has admitted to me in years. But still, it is important to remember that when you become an adult, you can sleep on the floor and eat cereal in your underwear. Which he does, until his parents come home.

I myself will continue to eat candy pilfered from the main lobby, go to bed whenever I feel like, and continue to harbor the faith that a jury of my peers has the potential to inspire me to greatness, or at least a tangible sort of achievement.

No comments: