Thursday, December 31, 2009

There's something happening somewhere

There is something about a ritual, a self-made tradition that makes the everyday transactions seem meaningful in our short tenure here. Again, a year later, I find myself alone in a strange city. The cold fog casting an alcholic tint with the christmas lights distorting with every ocean breeze. This is the perfect weather for me. I am drawn to the same chain restaurant I went to last year in Times Square, for the sheer fact it is uncomplicated. There is no expectation on either end, a fast, soulless transaction that would draw eyerolls from Karl Marx no doubt. All I wanted to do was find a liquor store. That didnt happen so I am booking a plane ticket. I want to do something I want to do. And right now it is get the hell out of here.

Billy Bragg - A New England .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments: