Thursday, January 7, 2010

Memory Lane is a Cul de Sac

A line drawn together of the one, eye and coke variety.
Someone who doesn't distinguish fame from notoriety.

I don't want someone to sweep me off my feet, or to open a door
I just want someone to keep a beat, show me what I'm for.
Claiming truth and entertainment are the same thing
Maybe if your glasses are showing you the fame thing
Flashing lights of arrest or adoration
Shaman priests and a cult of intention
All we want is the heartfelt intervention
To do it up and to take it back in the case of the ascension
Being bored, floored, drilled,
Whored, grilled, thrilled
The flesh is the meat, the wordplay the evolution
The puns are the proof of the state wide institution
The more you expose me, the more foundation you get
A landmark or a theme park
They are still charging at the gate
All this authenticity wrapped in shiny plastic
The meaning disappears as soon as you grasped it

No comments: