Saturday, January 16, 2010

This is how I know

Milo,

Got more moves than an epileptic on a dancefloor, looser than the stretch pants Al Sharpton wore, dropping rhymes like bombs on buildings, using the dreamscape as firewood kindling.
Burt's Bees lip gloss, tacos, adventure, the history of black metal and this country. I went to this liquor store today and they had a sign up that mini bottles of E&J VOP Brandy would NOW be sold behind the counter. They also had mini bottles of single malt 12 year old scotch. What a world. My sister told me that if I kept being so picky, I would starve. She may have a point. She almost left me at a stop light because I told her she had been bamboozled at Taco Bell and she could have saved $3. She freaked out a bit. Some yelling. But when I started laughing at her, she calmed down. She is a bit cranky when she is skress'd and tired, as we all know. I remember this one time I said something judging books by their cover and she said it didnt apply to her because she didnt read.
"What a terrible life" and "Seeing the future is such an ugly thing". This after telling me he learned to play the Cymbalta piano piece while at home for the holidays. I think that is funny for many reasons. He probably sent those texts when a child was hugging an elderly family member, or when someone paid him a compliment. A story can be airlifted onto any line.
I never liked fish tacos, but two people I knew and now miss liked them. And now I want one.
Roman was wearing his Little Hipster shirt while wearing Bella's fairy wings asking Serra to spank him. I can't wait until he grows up.

HOLY SHIT. Thermals playing a free show in a few months. To think four years ago I paid some kid in drugs and cigarettes to drive me 4 hours to see them play for 30 minutes to an indifferent crowd.

No comments: